WordPress makes it easy to add images to your posts and pages. All you need to do is navigate to the post or page you would like to add media to and add an image block.
Note: Adding an image to a page using Elementor or any page builder plugin will require different steps than the ones below. However, these steps are true when adding media to a post for a blog, article, or news release.
- Log in to WordPress
- Click Posts or Pages in the left-hand menu
- Click Edit under the Page or Post where you want to add an image
- Within the text editor window, select where you want to add the image
- Click the + box to the right of the content area
- Search for the image block and click it
- Click the Select Files button
- Locate and select the image on your local computer.
- If you have already added the image to your media library, then you can click the Media Library tab and skip to the last step.
- Click Open to add the image to your Media Library.
- Confirm the correct image is selected, and click Insert.
- After publishing your page or post, the new image will be visible on your site.
Adding images to your WordPress post is a great way to make your page or post more eye-catching and get a reader’s attention.